Thank you to everyone who participated in the garage sale! In addition to supplementing our operating budget by $4,351.05, here’s what our sale has done:
- We provided treasures to those who shopped.
- We supplied a couch to a new refugee family through EMM.
- All of the left over clothes went to Table of Hope for their clothes closet.
- All left over books went to Union Rescue Mission.
- The rest of the left over treasures went to a family whose son is in band at Southeast High School and they will be having a sale to raise money for the band trip to France.
- One woman bought a bag of beanie babies as bingo prizes for nuns.
- Someone bought a large amount of craft and school items to go with a friend of hers to a border town school in Mexico.
- One woman bought craft items for the nuns at the monastery to make items for their fundraiser.
- One woman bought jewelry as bingo prizes for a nursing home.
- The furniture that didn’t sell was given to a home of college students.
As you can see our sale has a far-reaching impact. Thanks again to everyone. It takes everyone to make this a successful event!